4th Annual PIC5K Run/Walk for Charity
Over the last three years, the Pittsburgh Indian Community has been organizing the PIC5K event.
We run (and walk) to give back to our community and support charities in the greater Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
We have raised $120,000 over the last 3 years. This year, our goal is to raise $100,000.
All, to support charities involved in Healthcare, Education and the First Responders who protect our communities.
We also strive to provide a platform that will allow you to continue to give back to this great city we call home!
Come, join us on September 16, 2017 at the North Park Boat House at 8:00am to 1:00pm. Run. Have fun. Help someone.
Registration will start at 7:30am.
Benefiting Organizations in 2017
2017 Grant recipients that have been finalized so far, for a total of $42,000:
- Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures
- FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA) of Western PA
- Allegheny County Fire Academy
- Chartiers Center
Benefiting Organizations in 2015
Pittsburgh Indian Community & Friends distributed $35,400 to the following Pittsburgh based non-profit organizations in 2015:
- Homeless Children Education Fund
- Primary Care Health Services, Inc. (distribution will be made by June 2016)
- Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council
- Western Pennsylvania Police Benevolent Foundation
- Beverly’s Birthdays
- Women’s Committee of the Carnegie Museum of Art: Carnegie Literacy Day
- ANKUR – University of Pittsburgh Indian Student Association
- Bengali Association
- Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh
- Gujarati Samaj of Pittsburgh
- Hindu Jain Temple
- Mahrashtra Mandal Pittsburgh
- Malayalee Association
- Mayur – CMU Indian Student Association
- PATA – Pittsburgh Area Telugu Association
- Pittsburgh Cricket Club
- Pittsburgh Silk Screen
- Pittsburgh Tamil Sangam
- Ramkrishna Vedanta Ashrama of Pittsburgh
- Sai Baba Temple
- Sangama – Pittsburgh Area Kannada Association
- Sikh Gurudwara of Pittsburgh
- Sri Venkateswara Temple
- TiE Pittsburgh
- Tamil Nadu Foundation